Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Potty Training ~

What an adventure it has been. We have now started training at 3 different times of Kai's life and RIGHT NOW- was the best, because it didn't take him longer than 2 weeks to get it. With bribery of potty candy, his parents making him feel totally proud and plenty of accidents.. He finally understands. I think the best part of it all is when I give him sentences to use: He uses them and I believe that is what helps the most- That he is able to converse with us what he needs to do. 
"I have to pee." 
"I have to poop"
"I made a poop"
When we flush he says- "Bye bye pee pee"..and "Poo poo"
Out of all the stages we have started and tried at this one is by far the best- He isn't quite 2.5 yet and is potty trained by 3 years old. :) 
We have Emee coming in about 9.5 weeks and I was determined 2 weeks ago to get him potty trained, thinking it would take the full 10 weeks.. but he is down to no accidents.. (Very rare for him to pee at night) We just have to work on him UNDERSTANDING- He needs to get out of bed at night- come get me and we will go potty when he has to go. . . ? That seems like an adventure all within itself.. But we will get there too. :) 
I love these little stages that seem never ending, and when they end.. I feel so proud of Kai, myself and Cory.. 
~CHEERS TO POTTY TRAINING~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment