Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A new love for Gardening~

I started off a small gardening project last year off the side of the front porch- A cherry tomato plant,  a cucumber plant and a pumpkin plant.. Not knowing very much about gardening or if my seeds would even sprout.. I walked by days later to see they had sprouted. Never in my life did I think that sprouts would bring such excitement to my life, but it did! By the end of summer my cherry tomato plant had gotten HUGE, and was producing cherry tomatoes daily! My son also loved going out there to pick them off and eat them.. :) He probably ate more than I could even bring inside. :) & I believe that is how his LOVE for cherry tomatoes started!! My cucumber had produced about 4 nice cucumbers, but I had not given them a trellis or anything.. so they were just growing sideways onto the porch and I ended up plucking the plant out. The pumpkins grew WILD. We had so many, but heard if we cut back most of the plant, we would have large pumpkins.. Well, we did that but only got about 4 medium sized pumpkins. They were beautiful!!! :) That is when I told myself I had a year to read up on gardening, because I knew I wanted that fabulous garden you see in magazines! 
Cory has been amazing, he has built me 3 garden beds and created a BEAUTIFUL gated area in our backyard that is my peaceful, happy little gardening area. It's April of 2012, and out in 1 bed I have 2 row of radish growing, 2 rows of carrots and we are waiting for my 3 heads of lettuce to sprout up? I have started my cherry tomato plant, slicing tomato plant, strawberries, cucumber and beans inside and cannot wait to transplant them outside when the soil warms up!~ 
I know my son and I will have a blast watching the garden grow and plucking all the yummy veggies. :) It's so exciting, and I will post as new things start to happen and I will also post new recipes we make w. the use of our colorful garden veggies! 


No comments:

Post a Comment